Clitheroe Interchange offers a range of services. These include:
- A staffed control and information office open 0645 to 1715 weekdays (Saturdays 0800-1730, Sundays 0915-1445);
- Information about all bus and rail services using the Interchange and throughout the Ribble Valley;
- Clitheroe Interchange now sells the full range of National Rail tickets including Season Tickets, Family, Senior and Young Persons railcards, DalesRail tickets, Advance purchase tickets;
- A free park and ride for bus and rail users (the car park is situated off Chester Avenue);
- Secure cycle storage - a £1.50 refundable deposit is charged;
- CCTV coverage to provide a secure environment;
- A small, heated waiting area;
- Assistance when your journey is disrupted.
Online local bus and rail information
Transport for Lancashire has been set up to bring up to the minute news and information from a range of sources, including Lancashire County Council, in one easy to find site.
Traveline covers the whole country (as well as the North West); their telephone number for bus and rail enquiries is 0871 2002233.
Ribble Valley Rail is a useful website that also offers train running information and local rail maps.
Ribble Valley Community Transport (Little Green Bus)
Ribble Valley Community Transport which operates as “Little Green Bus” can provide local transport for qualifying persons. Details and an application form are available for download.
Grindleton is located off the A59 Clitheroe to Skipton Road. From the West, take the left turning off the A59 road signposted Chatburn (and a brown sign to Shackletons Garden Centre). Turn right at the T-junction towards Chatburn village. In the village, turn left at the Post Office down Ribble Lane (signposted Grindleton). Cross the River Ribble over Grindleton Bridge. At the T-junction, turn right up the hill to Grindleton.
From the East, take the right turn signposted to Sawley. Go through the village and over Sawley Bridge. Take an immediate left and follow the road into Grindleton village centre.
There are maps on the Location page.
Bus to/from Grindleton
The buses from Clitheroe to Grindleton have changed to reflect cuts in LCC budgets (3 April 2016) - timetables for buses 7 and 7A are shown on this leaflet.