Rural Community Newsletter
The latest version of Lancashire Constabulary Rural Community Newsletter is here.
Neighbourhood Watch schemes can cut crime and the opportunities for crime, help and reassure those who live in fear of crime, and encourage neighbourliness and closer communities.
Below are the Neighbourhood Watch Contact Persons in the village and the areas they are responsible for. Villagers with any concerns should contact the appropriate person or ring the police direct. Villagers are encouraged to “Be Vigilant” and if the opportunity arises, photograph and/or make a note of suspicious events.
- Carolyn Doherty (07979354935);
- Joan Horsfield (Orchard House, Slaidburn Road - 01200 441761): from Stonehill Cottages, Slaidburn Road to Broom Hill;
- Bob Smith (Broadfold Farm, Main Street - 01200 441575): from north side of Harrison Terrace to Rose Cottage, Main Street including Back Lane & Chapel Lane;
- Nigel & Marie Alderson (3 Hartley Fold - 07891676440): south side Harrison Terrace to north side Over Lane (London Road);
- Milinda Smalley (The Gables, Over Lane - 01200 441384): Back Lane From Scott Barn to Foldside;
- Julie & Rupert Skorupka (2 Milnshaw Terrace - 01200 440092): Milneshaw Terrace south on Main Street to Kayley Terrace, Main Street;
- Helen Spang (3 Meadowside - 01200 441236): Meadowside & Sawley Road east to the Vicarage;
- Norman Kelly (Syke House, Sawley Road - 01200 441320): Sawley Road from Mary Brown Cottages east to village boundary with Sawley.
The Police & Community Liaison representative on the Parish Council is Cllr. Peter Entwistle (01200 441717).
The community safety statistics for Waddington and West Bradford Ward (which includes Grindleton) are available on the Safer Lancashire website. Put your postcode into the search box on the web page to download the data.