Grindleton Cricket Club was reformed in 1995, playing local village teams in friendly matches at Riversmead School (now Bowland High). In 1997 the club moved to Top Meadow on Sawley Road next to St Ambrose Parish Church and has continued to play cricket on a beautiful ground overlooking Pendle Hill.
The Club has always prided itself on selecting the team from within the village, and encourages local youngsters wherever possible. The team play friendly games mostly on Sundays starting at 2:00pm and league games on Thursday evenings against Bolton by Bowland, Waddington and The Drakes. Matches start at 6:30pm throughout the summer.
Practice nights are held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings on the ground from 7:00pm onwards. Social events are held throughout the season, more details are available from any Club member or through the local press. All visitors to the Club will be made most welcome.
The Club Officers are:
- Chairman: Chris Hargreaves;
- Treasurer: Ros Wilkinson;
- Secretary: Ros Wilkinson;
- Captain: Michael Crossland (01200 440038);
- Vice-Captain: Phil Wilkinson;
- Thursday Captain: Ian Nuttall;
- Press Officer: Keith Middlebrough.
The Grindleton village First Team play in the Craven and District League Premier Division and the Second Team is in Division Two.
The Grindleton Football Club website provides a history of the club, fixtures and results.
Officers of the club are:
- Chairman: Ray Powell;
- Secretary: Peter Dakin (07947010616);
- Treasurer: Chris Leeming (07709347745);
- First Team Manager: James Driver (07734867169);
- Reserve Team Manager: Bernard Jones (07931976726);
- Groundsman: Kieron Tattersall (07851160699).
Both teams play on Grindleton Recreation Club playing fields on Saturday afternoons. Spectators and enquiries are most welcome!